Opportunity Description – Day1 improves, and transforms the lives of disadvantaged young people in the Highlands,through the maintenance of our bespoke one-to- one year long mentoring program. Since 2005 Day1 has improved the lives of over 330, 14 to 16 year olds who are failing to thrive. The Day1 program gives the young people hope, and allows them to both aspire and achieve their potential whilst engendering them to cope with a difficult transitional period of their lives.
Highland Charity, Day1, is looking for Mentors from Inverness and the surrounding regions,who want to help young people make the most of their lives.
Could you mentor a young person (14 to 17) who is having a tougher time than most?
Asks of Role:
– 2 hours per week (completely flexible).
– Once a week meetings for 12 months.
– You need to be good listener, supportive, encouraging, patient, dynamic and committed (Day1 will help you develop all these
Benefits of Role:
– Make a difference in a young person’s life.
– Choose and take part in fun activities aimed at developing your relationship.
– Activity budget to cover your expenses incurred.
– Subsistence allowance as a contribution towards your time
– Training and support.
– Development of interpersonal skills.
Organisation Information – Day1 improves, and transforms the lives of disadvantaged young people in the Highlands,through the maintenance of our bespoke one-to- one year long mentoring program
Minimum Age – 18
Ref No – VO63884